Friday, March 26, 2010

Tile Project = No sleep until it's done

Ok, so a few weeks ago we started tiling our house. We are grateful for Greg's dad who was so generous with his time and energy to help us. And it took a lot of both. Greg and his dad did the cutting and laying, with some help from Matt (Greg's little brother). We spent many late nights at the house working on these floors, and shower. I was the measurer and cleaner. After everything was done it only took about half a day to grout it. But then the real work for me began. Each individual tile had to be scrubbed at least 3 times to remove the 'haze' left by the grout. Greg scrubbed a little the night we did the grout. But it was a Saturday, and we were speaking in church the next day. And we'd both procrastinated. : ) So we gave up at 11 PM to go to bed. However, letting the haze sit that long on the floors made it a harder job the next week. So, while Greg helped our electrician I shined up our floors. My arms were so sore for the next 3 days. However, thanks to everybody's efforts we ended up with a beautiful end result. In this first picture you will see big stacks of tile. Well we had 5 of those big stacks. Each individual tile was brought in by our contractor and I.

2 comments:

Rooneys said...

hey so cool to see that coming along.. so happy for you!

goatsie said...

Wow I love the tile you ended up picking. You guys did a great job! I'm sure you'll love the end result even more knowing that guys did all the work :)